Approved by consent of the TSC 11/20/2023
The Napa Release - version 3.1 - is EdgeX's second LTS release and replaces version 2.1 as being long-term supported. The following items are included in the Napa LTS Release and covered per the terms of the EdgeX LTS policy:
- Version 3.1 of the core, supporting and security services within edgex-go
- App functions SDK, version 3.1
- Version 3.1 of the following EdgeX application services:
- Device service SDK in Go, version 3.1
- Device service SDK in C, version 3.1
- Version 3.1 of the following EdgeX device services:
The following items are not included in the Napa LTS Release:
- The EdgeX GUI, device-virtual-go and app-record-replay service which are considered development tools. EdgeX will make every effort to make sure a version of these tools exist to work with the LTS releases. However, this these are for development purposes and therefore not covered by the LTS policy. Use at your own risk.
Per LTS Policy, Napa will be supported for a period of 2 years (November 2025) unless otherwise stipulated by the EdgeX TSC. Note: services or components (such as device services) that are moved under LTS during the time of the LTS will be supported until the end of the Napa LTS period (November 2025).