Delivery: ~ April 2019
The Edinburgh release will likely focus on the implementation of a certification program, footprint improvements (replace MongoDB), export service replacement (application services) & system RAS (reliability, availability, and scalability) in addition to additional security and system management needs that were started in 2018.
Release Themes and Objectives
- Define and implement a certification program for microservice drop in replacements
This will allow 3rd parties to add value (proprietary or open source) to EdgeX that customers can rely on to meet the EdgeX APIs and work without additional code change.
- Replace existing export services with application services.
The application services will provide a more modular/SDK-generated approach to northbound services that scale better and will tailored to the use case.
- Provide a MongoDB alternate for sensor data and EdgeX data persistence
- Offer additional security and system management functionality that was begin in 2018.
- Provide a full complement of reference implementation device services created with the Go and C SDKs (that were provided with the Delhi release). This will likely include device services for Modbus, BACNet, BLE, MQTT, SNMP and more.
- Support ARM 32 deployments