The Delhi release is the third formal release of EdgeX Foundry. Key features for the Delhi release will include:
- The initial system management APIs and system management agent
- Device Service SDKs in Go and C (along with some demonstration device services)
- Deliver system management APIs in all the microservices and provide a system management agent for orchestrating multi-service system management commands and communications to 3rd party system management tools/platforms.
- The next wave of security features to include access control to grant access to appropriate services, and improved security service bootstrapping.
- Refactored and improved Go Lang microservices
- Options and implementation plan for database replacement
- Design and implementation plans for export service replacement with application services
- Provide an EdgeX UI suitable for use in exploring several instances of EdgeX
- Provide a system management agent (SMA) that coordinates control plane information and management of EdgeX micro service metrics, configuration, and control (start, stop, restart) through a central service endpoint.
- Provide system management APIs into each EdgeX micro service in support of system management needs and facilitate the SMA.
- Device Service SDKs in Go and C will replace the Java device service SDK and allow the last Java micro services to be replaced (allowing to improve footprint and performance)
- Documentation and sample device services to assist developers replace existing large/slow Java device services, along with adding new device/sensor device service connectors.
Freeze Date: Oct 15, 2018
Release Date: Nov 9, 2018
Release Docker Compose