Meeting Time and Conference information
Meeting Time: 3rd Monday of each month at 1pm EST as needed (if there are no agenda items, the meeting is cancelled)
Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/353955907
Meeting ID: 353 955 907
One tap mobile +16699006833,,353955907#
US (San Jose) +16465588656,,353955907#
US (New York) Dial by your location +1 669 900 6833
US (San Jose) +1 646 558 8656
US (New York) 877 369 0926
US Toll-free 855 880 1246
US Toll-free +1 647 558 0588
Canada 855 703 8985
Canada Toll-free Meeting ID: 353 955 907
Aug 20, 2020: Next meeting
- PR Template for conventional commits is now in place for all repositories for all PRs but without TSC approval. It doesn’t appear to be affecting any problem. We need to finalize the shape of this and officially approve the template by the TSC.
- Mike, Lisa and Tony to provide improved template around conventional commits and any recommended policy for TSC approval.
- Backward compatibility and what to do about Mongo, Logging and Support Rules Engine for Hanoi?
- Some think exemption to remove these under minor version for Hanoi may have been too hasty
- Should we reverse course? Are we too far down to reverse course?
- Add a service dot setting to set up the adapter for listen on web services (Lenny to provide more details)
- EdgeX UI - it is for dev/test right now. Would we ever want to have a UI for production? Under what constraints?
- How should we apply semantic versioning to modules? When do we update the minor and major versions of modules? (comes from the Hanoi planning meetings)
- Extract of Device Service requirements to ADR legacy - what are all the pieces that need to be moved there?
- Per the Hanoi planning conference - we need to better define "bound checking" so that a design (and eventual implementation) can be brought forth to meet the requirements
- Currently considering limiting the number of operations that can be performed on a service (like a device service) over a period of time or setting the max request size (that lends to DoS attacks)
- Can the solution be more globally applied?
- Design metadata about the “gateway” or host platform (identity, location, …)
- How do address module and component version release needs for examples (per Slack exchange with Luis Obando). go.mod in the examples helps - or at least some documentation on dependencies.
- How do we review/remove artifact removal (docker images in Docker Hub, snaps, etc.)?
- Is order of event/readings being sent by a single device service important? Are there async operations in any service that could change the order of events as they are sent from a DS to core to application services (with REST, 0MQ or MQTT infrastructure)? What do customers desire here? Is maintained order important? What is the current state of the system and can we diagram/document that? Jim to do some research first.