Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

« Previous Version 59 Next »

Meeting Time and Conference information

Meeting Time:  3rd Monday of each month at 1pm EST as needed (if there are no agenda items, the meeting is cancelled)

EdgeX Working Group 2 is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: EdgeX - Monthly Architects Meeting
Time: Oct 19, 2020 10:00 AM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Every month on the Third Mon, until Nov 18, 2024, 50 occurrence(s)

Please download and import the following iCalendar (.ics) files to your calendar system.
Monthly: https://zoom.us/meeting/vpEufuytpzstxwJXp3nHvYoHt7mRqmscaw/ics?icsToken=98tyKuqtrTIvH92Vt1_Hd7MvA5X5buHylmlZgJtNzxHNFRlcShehO9BTP6F8Ec-B

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/353955907?pwd=MEhSQmlxQ1lLcCtsQ1lrSFh6cE0yQT09

Meeting ID: 353 955 907
Passcode: 150365
One tap mobile
+16699006833,,353955907# US (San Jose)
+12532158782,,353955907# US (Tacoma)

Dial by your location
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
877 369 0926 US Toll-free
855 880 1246 US Toll-free
+1 778 907 2071 Canada
+1 204 272 7920 Canada
+1 438 809 7799 Canada
+1 587 328 1099 Canada
+1 647 374 4685 Canada
+1 647 558 0588 Canada
855 703 8985 Canada Toll-free
Meeting ID: 353 955 907
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/ajhw77vTU




Meeting Agenda/Minutes

Sept 21, 2020:  Meeting Minutes; Meeting Recording; Adopter Series Requirements Summary

Aug 20, 2020:  Meeting Minutes; Meeting Recording

July 20, 2020: Meeting Minutes; Meeting Recording

June 30, 2020 (extra meeting to address growing number of issues): Meeting Minutes; Meeting Recording

Tony's slide deck on commit messages

Jun 15, 2020:  Meeting Minutes; Meeting Recording

May 18, 2020:  Meeting Minutes; Meeting Recording (Password: 1k&I$62S)

April 20, 2020: Meeting Minutes; Meeting Recording (Password: 5W?vM=#X)

Mar 16, 2020 (special long session): Meeting Minutes; Trevor Conn's V2 API issue notes; Meeting Recording

Mar 3, 2020: Meeting Minutes; Meeting Recording (API V2 special session)

Feb 18, 2020:  Meeting Minutes; Meeting Recording

Jan 27, 2020:  Meeting Minutes; Meeting Recording

Dec 16:  Meeting Minutes; Meeting Recording

Dec 4: Meeting Minutes; Meeting Recording

Nov 18: Meeting Minutes; Meeting Recording

Open Topics

  • Security WG - high priority review of ADR for bootstrapping in OCI containers requested.
    • Architect’s asked to review prior to next Architect’s meeting (Sep 21)
    • Bryon to cover highlights at that meeting
  • Per the Hanoi planning conference - we need to better define "bound checking" so that a design (and eventual implementation) can be brought forth to meet the requirements
    • Currently considering limiting the number of operations that can be performed on a service (like a device service) over a period of time or setting the max request size (that lends to DoS attacks)
    • Can the solution be more globally applied?
  • Is the Wiki the best place to document project decisions (those outside of or smaller than ADRs).  This was our initial take.  Should we revisit?

On Hold Topics or Pending Research

  • How should we apply semantic versioning to modules?  When do we update the minor and major versions of modules?  (comes from the Hanoi planning meetings)
    • Decision was to release (and tag) them with each EdgeX release (major)
    • Enforce backward compatibility within a major release
    • Scope this work for Ireland as it will impact DevOps (Jim to get with Ernesto)
  • How do we review/remove artifact removal (docker images in Docker Hub, snaps, etc.)?
    • Decision made to tag "latest" dot release with X.Y tagging and use X.Y in Docker Compose files (see minutes from 8/20).
    • Open discussion still around what to do with old (very old) images.
      • Let’s check what are other projects doing in this case (Kong, Consul, Vault, …)?
      • Also consult with community and adopters; what do they expect from us? Accenture, ThunderSoft, …

      • Jim to take this research and poll of adopters

  • PR Template for conventional commits is now in place for all repositories for all PRs but without TSC approval.  It doesn’t appear to be affecting any problem. We need to finalize the shape of this and officially approve the template by the TSC.
    • Could add scope in order to understand the domain of a PR (especially for edgex-go)
    • Mike and Tony to discuss before next TSC.
  • Is order of event/readings being sent by a single device service important?  Are there async operations in any service that could change the order of events as they are sent from a DS to core to application services (with REST, 0MQ or MQTT infrastructure)?  What do customers desire here?  Is maintained order important?  What is the current state of the system and can we diagram/document that? 
    • Jim to do some research first.  Findings: there are places in DS, Core and Application Services where messages can get out of order.  If order is something that should be an option built in, it will require much work.
  • Incorporation of Vertical Solution WG adopter presentation feedback
    • Jim to collect and present after all 5 presentations
  • EdgeX UI - it is for dev/test right now.  Would we ever want to have a UI for production?  Under what constraints?
    • Being worked through Core WG


  • No labels