Meeting Time and Conference information
Meeting Time: 3rd Monday of each month at 1pm EST as needed (if there are no agenda items, the meeting is cancelled)
EdgeX Working Group 2 is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: EdgeX - Monthly Architects Meeting
Time: Oct 19, 2020 10:00 AM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Every month on the Third Mon, until Nov 18, 2024, 50 occurrence(s)
Please download and import the following iCalendar (.ics) files to your calendar system.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 353 955 907
One tap mobile
+16699006833,,353955907# US (San Jose)
+12532158782,,353955907# US (Tacoma)
Dial by your location
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
877 369 0926 US Toll-free
855 880 1246 US Toll-free
+1 778 907 2071 Canada
+1 204 272 7920 Canada
+1 438 809 7799 Canada
+1 587 328 1099 Canada
+1 647 374 4685 Canada
+1 647 558 0588 Canada
855 703 8985 Canada Toll-free
Meeting ID: 353 955 907
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/ajhw77vTU
- Security WG - high priority review of ADR for bootstrapping in OCI containers requested.
- Architect’s asked to provide comment prior to Oct 15.
- Is the Wiki the best place to document project decisions (those outside of or smaller than ADRs). This was our initial take. Should we revisit?
- Review of Adopter Series Requirements
- See slide deck from 9/21 - and comment on requirements at https://docs.google.com/document/d/141d9AQ0exk8gkFVVujxUTsrtw70clRIyQa_ymwb0V4M/edit#
On Hold Topics or Pending Research
- How should we apply semantic versioning to modules? When do we update the minor and major versions of modules? (comes from the Hanoi planning meetings)
- Decision was to release (and tag) them with each EdgeX release (major)
- Enforce backward compatibility within a major release
- Scope this work for Ireland as it will impact DevOps (Jim to get with Ernesto)
- How do we review/remove artifact removal (docker images in Docker Hub, snaps, etc.)?
- Decision made to tag "latest" dot release with X.Y tagging and use X.Y in Docker Compose files (see minutes from 8/20).
- Open discussion still around what to do with old (very old) images.
- Let’s check what are other projects doing in this case (Kong, Consul, Vault, …)?
Also consult with community and adopters; what do they expect from us? Accenture, ThunderSoft, …
Jim to take this research and poll of adopters
- Adopters have been polled. Other organizations (Kong, Consul, Vault, etc.) are not removing images regardless of age or circumstances (there are a few exceptions).
- Is order of event/readings being sent by a single device service important? Are there async operations in any service that could change the order of events as they are sent from a DS to core to application services (with REST, 0MQ or MQTT infrastructure)? What do customers desire here? Is maintained order important? What is the current state of the system and can we diagram/document that?
- Jim to do some research first. Findings: there are places in DS, Core and Application Services where messages can get out of order. If order is something that should be an option built in, it will require much work.